Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Your Best Life Now


The martyrdom of Polycarp, who was stabbed to death after being burned at the stake for his unyielding faith in Christ.


And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons?
"My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord,
nor be weary when reproved by him.
For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises every son whom he receives."
It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?
-Hebrews 12:5-7

The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs - heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
-Romans 8:16-17

If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
-Jesus (Matthew 16:24b-25)


3 comments:

Alexander said...

What are you saying Mat?!?!

You mean I'm not going to get a Jet and that 30 room mansion but I thought Jesus came to earth to make me rich and happy....

I mean that preacher said all I need to do was have faith and send him 1000 dollars and it would happen....

Matt said...

Sorry brother, I guess you'll have to settle for beholding, enjoying and worshipping the King of glory for all of eternity. Sorry to disappoint you about the jet and the mansion.

Unknown said...

Brilliant wit!