Sunday, March 4, 2007

Back From Loma Linda

My experience in Loma Linda turned out to be a very good one. I felt very good about my interviews and the med-school did a good job of welcoming and feeding us. The funniest question I was asked during my interviews was, "Why should I let you date my daughter?" I also met some interesting people during my travels. I sat next to an Ethiopian guy on my flight there. We talked a little about Orthodoxy and the political situation in Ethiopia. My taxi driver from the airport in Ontario to the school was an Armenian guy. I tried to get him to talk religion but I think he was kind of avoiding the subject. I ended up waiting at the airport for about nine hours before my return flight to Kentucky. One other guy arrived very early for the flight. He was 75 and had farmed pistachios in the San Joaquin valley in southern California. Here are some pictures from my trip: Looking out at the campus.

Foreground: Good Samaritan Sculpture, background: The medical center.

The Chapel. I tried to get in but the door was locked.
Another view of the medical center.
I wore this suit for 27 hours, from 8 in the morning in California to 2 in the afternoon when I got back to Asbury....the shirt probably should be washed.
I like the look of these mountains. I guarantee that if I go to school here, these mountains will be thoroughly explored.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Nice. I'm glad it was a good time.

Did you pack Febreeze?

Anna said...

I want to know what you said about the dating thing. Ha. My friend Alli told me about that school, and she said it was pretty hard to find coffee around there. Ha.