Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!


Below is a performance of the hymn, "It is well with my soul," along with some details from the life of the hymn's author, Horatio Spafford. We sang this hymn in church last Sunday and it's one of my favorites with a powerful story behind it so I thought I'd post it. Unfortunately this rendition doesn't have my favorite verse so I included it below.


My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, o my soul!
-Horatio Spafford

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt, that song never fails to move me. To think of a faith so strong that it could surmount these tragedies, and yet be used by God in powerful ways. Truly inspiring!