Wednesday, April 15, 2009

He Shall Bruise Your Head


I went for a hike in the Loma Linda hills Monday when I noticed a sound I hadn't heard before just off of the path. I was surprised to see a large rattle snake, about 6 feet long, a couple of feet from me. I know he's a little hard to make out in the picture but if you can imagine him being about 6 feet long you can imagine that he was quite impressive.
I was going to call this blog post "rattle snake" or something boring like that. But in close proximity to Good Friday and Easter I decided to refer to what many believe is the first messianic prophecy in the Bible where God curses the serpent shortly after the fall. In Genesis 3:15 God is speaking to the snake and says, "I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."

No comments: