Saturday, July 28, 2007

Eagle Creek

Today I went on a fifteen-mile hike on the Oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge. I hiked up Eagle Creek with a great group of friends. The coolest thing about this hike were the numerous beautiful waterfalls that the creek flows over as it tumbles toward the Columbia. On the largest waterfall, Tunnel Falls, the trail goes through a tunnel through the rock, blasted out behind the falls. On top of the great beauty of the hike, I also enjoyed the edifying spiritual conversation I had with my brothers and sisters in Christ on the trip. On the hike down I jumped in the creek, it was cold, but worth it.
Loretta, Josh and Lacie checking out a waterfall.


Josh in front of Tunnel Falls.


That's me by the entrance to the tunnel which goes behind Tunnel Falls.


Thank you Lord for this day! Thank you for friends who encourage us on our pilgrim path and thank you for the beauty of your creation which you made for us to subdue and enjoy.

Amen

No comments: