Sunday, December 20, 2009

Venersborg

Since arriving at the Portland International Airport on Saturday evening I've met an apt northwest welcome of nearly ceaseless rain and reunions with friends and family. The high point of my return since my longest absence from home was church this morning with friends and more importantly brothers and sisters in Christ who never cease to challenge and encourage me. As usual I was blessed this morning by the preaching and worship at Battle Ground Foursquare Church. From church I headed with some good friends to their new home in Venersborg, not far from where I grew up and enjoyed an afternoon of food, chai and playing Settlers of Catan. In Venersborg I was surprised to see that the small country store had reopened there. This store had been open 15 to 20 years ago when I was in middle school but closed while I was in high school. I stopped in and bought a red bull and also snapped a picture.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joshua said...

Nice shot of good 'ol Venesborg Store. We had fun with you too bro!

Jane said...

Such a quaint picture! Does this small town really exist with some warmth of friendship? As 5 year newcomers to WA our family finds the Seattle area as cold and uninviting as the arctic blast that blows down from the north.
Oh Lord, revive us again with Your Holy Spirit!