Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Glories of Asbury

Well, I spent a wonderful first half of spring break in Wilmore, Kentucky with possibly the coolest group of people I have ever had the privilege of knowing. It was great being back on my old stomping grounds of Asbury Seminary's campus, seeing many familiar and many not-so-familiar faces. I got to meet with my old professor, Dr. Jerry Walls who was kind enough to give me a CD he produced of Charles Wesley hymns done in various genres in honor of Wesley's 300th birthday. I got to attend chapel in Estes on Tuesday and hear Asbury's president, Dr. J. Ellsworth Kalas, preach an Easter sermon. One of my favorite things at Asbury was hymn-singing in Estes Chapel as Albin Whitworth played the pipe organ. I was not disappointed on Tuesday as we sang "Christ the Lord is Risen Today," and "Up From the Grave He Arose."
I was in a Bible study with these guys during my two years at Asbury.

3 comments:

Ed said...

Hey Matt, does it strike you that out of our group, only you and I will be unmarried, presently?

Matt said...

Crazy huh?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, after all of that bitching about women and relationships, you'd have thought it'd have been the 'Diz who was single. lol

Oh well, on the whole, I'm content. Take it easy, man.